By Sicebise Msengana
Love is a subjective experience that differs from person to person. However, love is universal. All people recognise love.
1. We are too picky. "She is not my type" or "He is way out of my league."
2. We are indifferent to the needs of our partners.
4. Rushing to having sex, before a relationship based on trust and love begins.
5. We date for food, drinks, money and sex.
6. The emphasis is put on chasing a high (usually sex and romantic dates) , over having profound experiences (spending quality time together).
7. Being in a difficult relationship is not easy. People are very quick to leave a relationship that they find doesn't meet their needs, and it seems easier to leave than it is to work on the problems.
8. We love more than one person at the same time.
9. Because of the risks of love, many don't want to get emotionally attached.
10. We have preconceived views of how love should be or how we want it to be like.